Monday, March 23, 2015

Bought my Wife a Tent....Sorta


As I've stated in a previous post: My wife collects American Girl stuff.  I bought this camping set for her dolls and, earlier this evening, I set up a scene.





Just a couple pics.  They turned out really well, so I figured I'd post them.

Yes, those are the Tamashii flames being used as the fire.  One particularly lucky setup is the lamp hanging on their tent, in the background.  One of the lights shining on the fire is set in such a way that it shines regular white light on the tent, rather than the orange light of the fire. I set the lamp back there to act as the supposed light source for that white light (whereas, in reality, that lamp has the weakest freakin' bulb).

That's it!  As you were.

8 comments:

  1. Nice work on the lighting in these - it makes for a very convincing fireside scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Arranging the tiny lights beneath the sticks was an exercise in madness. Each direction cast the wrong light in another direction, and STILL I ended up with that light on the tent that I compensated for with the little lamp. Glad it worked out!

      Delete
  2. He bought the tent set, redressed my dolls, and set the whole thing up himself... while I was at work all day. He sent a picture to surprise me. I think I'll keep him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well good, 'cause you CAN'T GET RID OF ME HAHAHAHAAAA......ha. *cough*

      Delete
  3. It might just be the lighting on my computer, but the doll in the blue jacket in the second pic looks like she's screaming. The shadow makes her mouth look like it's open. Maybe she just likes fire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, it's fine. You just see it that way because dolls have a way of predicting the future, and seeing her screaming means YOU HAVE FIVE DAYS TO LIVE it up before nothing happens ever, so get yourself something nice.

      Delete
    2. Gah! I was scared there for a second. Now I'm fine with it. I deserve something nice!

      Delete