Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Amazin' Lasers!

So a little while ago I was messing with a laser pointer and seeing how I could light up translucent items in the MotUC line.


IT'S NEAT.













Remember when laser pointers were the thing to get?  All the kids had 'em, abused 'em, and then they were banned in schools (mine, at least).  They were sold all over the place, and then...GONE.  Nowadays they're just back in the flashlight isle with one style that's just advertised as an office item.  Poor laser pointer...ah well.  You had your time in the sun.

12 comments:

  1. Hah! Abyss reference. Anyway, why no hover text!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that Glow... pink for everyone.


    I think more accessories should have clever light up gimmicks, like a camp fire piece, or computer monitor.

    Be they electrical or... LIGHT PIPING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, light up gimmicks always grab me. If they can fit it in without making 'em huge then I love the hell out of it. Heck, I even like it if it's kinda big too; I mean I'm seriously considering one of those light up saber guys in the Star Wars line right now. They're chunky, but...well I'm weak to light up things.

      Delete
    2. I'm on board till they make them so they impede articulation, that's a big no-no for me.


      Delete
  3. Man those are some nifty effects! I didn't know that laser pointers could effect clear plastic that way. Now I need to get a laser pointer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so much fun! You can even shine 'em into houses while you're driving by if you're some little shit kid like I totally wasn't. One of those. Wasn't one.

      Delete
  4. Skeletor and Marzo are my favorites. Very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it worked out a lot better than I thought! Many times it's all in how you angle the laser. Like with Roboto: the laser is actually coming in through the back at an angle to get the best lightup.

      Delete
  5. Uh-oh:

    http://www.thedaytimeninja.com/2012-tmnt-metalhead-review/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm lookin' for that now. Kinda sucks he doesn't have any accessories save for a missile launching arm, but oh well.

      Delete